Olive oil cakes are incredibly moist on the inside and if you haven't made one already, I hope you do try this one!
I've opted to used Muscovdo sugar to give it a more caramel flavour but to also ensure they don't get too sweet. Muscovado sugar also has a naturally moist texture and I'm a big fan of Billington's which is unrefined and all natural, definitely good for you in the long run.
WHAT YOU NEED
¾ cup Muscovado Sugar
1/3 cup Olive il
1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
1½ cups Plain Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
¾ tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp fresh Thyme leaves
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
HOW IT'S DONE
1. Preheat oven to 180° C and grease a mini bundt cake pan.
2. In a stand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar on a high speed for about 3 minutes. Slowly pour in the olive oil and melted butter and continue to mix for a couple of minutes. Fold in the lemon zest and juice.
3. In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, salt and thyme.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture and mix until evenly combined.
5. Divide the batter into the mini bundt pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar before serving.