Pear, Almond + Ginger Loaf
Just the treat you need in the cooler winter months, this is a beautiful loaf recipe adapted from Bluebells Cakery cookbook...
WHAT YOU NEED
125g Unsalted Butter
120g Caster Sugar
175g Plain Flour
50g Ground Almonds
2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
2 tsp Ground Ginger
3 large Pears, peeled
HOW IT'S DONE
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a loaf tin.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix for another few minutes.
4. Pour half the mixture into the lined loaf tin. Place the peeled pears in a line in the tin and push down slightly into the mixture. Pour the remaining batter around the pears.
5. Place in the oven and bake for around 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.