1. Preheat oven to 180 C and line a cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and creamy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each one is well incorporated into the batter.
4. Add in the yoghurt and mix until well combined, for a few minutes.
5. Mix in the flour and mix for another few minutes.
6. Pour the batter into the lined cake tin. Arrange the pear slices on the top of the batter in a circle formation. Pour the raspberries on top of the pear slices, filling in the gaps. Do not push the fruit in.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack and serving.